When you join Ingham’s, you become part of a company with a proud Australian & New Zealand history, and one that thrives on growth and innovation. We strive to be the poultry of choice and to deliver deliciously good food in the best way.
At Ingham’s we value our people and hold onto our family history. Our teams are engaged, passionate and curious; committed to thinking big and delivering on ambitious goals. We are fast paced, continuously evolving and offer a diverse working environment where safety always comes first.
Your opportunity to join us at Te Aroha Primary Plant
As the Maintenance Supervisor your role will involve ensuring maintenance is carried out across the Primary Processing Facility in order for production requirements to be met. Having a focus on leadership, we are looking for someone engaged in training, coaching and developing others with the overall goal of upskilling the team whilst achieving an overall reduction in downtime. This role will also see you exposed to preventative maintenance projects and will see you assisting the wider maintenance team in achieving these goals.
- Leading the maintenance team to ensure the effective implementation of the maintenance strategy to maximize efficiency and productivity by reducing reactive maintenance and improving unplanned downtime of equipment
- Ensuring the execution of safety and quality assurance practices into all repairs and maintenance activities and manage corrective actions in a timely manner
- Executing the maintenance plan with ongoing measurement of performance, achievement of scheduled deadlines and allocating resources appropriately
- Implementing reliability improvement strategies and practices through the analysis of key performance indicators
- Managing the team to meet expected performance using coaching, delegation and recognition
To be successful in this role:
- Experience in successfully leading a engineering or maintenance team. Including work allocation, rostering and performance conversations.
- A minimum of a Tertiary Qualification in Engineering is preferred.
- Experience in working in FMCG or Food Production is preferred.
- Background of maintaining site services in ammonia refrigeration, compressed air, advanced waste water and trade waste treatment.
- Experience operating in a culture of 5S, TPM, LEAN/Six Sigma and CMMS.
- Proven experience in implementing cultural change through leadership, engagement and performance management.
- Ability to coach and develop others, monitor and measure performance and provide direct feedback.
- Strong ability to problem solve and take initiative.
- Strong communication skills across multiple business levels and stakeholders.
This role is a busy but rewarding one, so having excellent attention to detail and time management will be essential.
- You will receive extensive training and will be a part of a well-recognised Australasian company moving from strength to strength.
- You will be joining a motivated and driven team.
- You will receive staff discount on product ranges produced by Ingham’s
- Join a site that has an onsite canteen supplying subsidised goods!
- Staff sales including the purchase of our product!