Ingham’s was founded as a family business in 1918 by Walter Ingham in Liverpool, New South Wales. After their father’s death in 1953, Walter’s sons, Bob and Jack Ingham, expanded the business through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions, to become the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand. This included the acquisition the Harvey Farms business in New Zealand in 1990.
The present-day operations date back to the 1960s when Ingham’s entered into supply arrangements with major retail and quick service restaurant (QSR) customers. Ingham’s subsequently entered into the production of turkey and stockfeed, and enhanced its further processing capabilities to cater to changing consumer preferences towards value-enhanced poultry products.
Today, Ingham’s employs over 8,000 people and continues to build on Ingham’s proud history of quality and customer service, supplying major retailers, quick service restaurant (QSR) operators, food service distributors and wholesalers. Ingham’s is also a large stockfeed producer, supplying a wide range of high quality stockfeed to the poultry, pig, dairy and equine industries.
Ingham’s New Zealand is a fully-owned subsidiary of the Inghams Group Limited (ASX: ING).