Our History

Ingham’s New Zealand is a fully-owned subsidiary of the Australian company Inghams Enterprises Pty Limited and has been operating as a fully integrated chicken company since 1990 when Ingham’s purchased the complete operations of Harvey Farms in New Zealand.

The company was originally founded at Casula in New South Wales by Walter Ingham in 1918 when Walter bought a piece of bushland, a rooster and six hens for his son also known as Walter.

When Walter passed away in the 1950’s, the small business was handed down to his sons, Jack and Bob.  Over the following 60 years, Jack and Bob built Inghams Enterprises into a poultry empire and after 80 years of family ownership Bob Ingham sold the business in June 2013.

Ingham’s, under its new owners, continues to offer great meals at the Heart of the Table across New Zealand and Australia.  Over the past 25 years, Ingham’s New Zealand operations have expanded to become one of New Zealand’s largest poultry companies and lead the market in a range of sectors.

Today Ingham’s is the largest integrated poultry producer in Australasia, processing over 4 million birds per week and with a workforce of 8000 strong.

 

FEEDING NEW ZEALANDERS SINCE 1990

Learn about our corporate philosophy.

FIND OUT MORE